Our Creative Commons License permits you to download and share our films for free, as long as you promise us three things: that the screening is non-commercial, that The Story of Stuff Project is credited, and that the movie is shown in its entirety (ie, you can’t edit it).
While sharing our films in full for non-commercial use is free, the production cost and hosting fees are not (for us at least!). Donations in any amount are always appreciated. You can make a secure, tax-deductible on-line contribution via our donation page and help keep this information available to all who want it. Thanks!
Please be patient when downloading. Our films are very large files.
1. We suggest connecting to the Internet with an ethernet port, not via wireless. The files are rather large and any interruption in your internet signal will cancel the download and you’ll have to start all over again.
2. Click on the movie you want to download below. (You will be taken to another page for download.)
3. Hover your mouse over the movie you want listed below. (If you’re in the right spot, your cursor will turn into a hand.)
4. If you’re on a PC, right-click. If you’re on a Mac, press “control” on your keyboard and click with your mouse at the same time.
5. From the menu that pops up, select and click “Save Target As” on PCs or on “Save Link As…” on a Mac.
6. Select the destination folder for your file and click “Save”.
7. Last, but most importantly, please wait patiently as you download our movie. To pass the time, please consider donating to the Story of Stuff Project and help keep these (and most all other resources) free! Just be sure to do that in a new browser window or tab so you don’t interrupt your download.
8. THANK YOU!