How come I can’t access the movie(s)?
If you are having trouble watching our movies on this site, you can try watching them on our YouTube Channel.
If you are having trouble downloading our movies, please follow the directions below. And please, remember to be patient. Our movies are very big files and can take a long time to download, depending on internet strength and connectivity.
1. We suggest connecting to the Internet with an ethernet port, not via wireless. The files are rather large and any interruption in your internet signal will cancel the download and you’ll have to start all over again.
2. Click on the movie you want to download on our Movie Files page. (You will be taken to another page for download.)
3. Hover your mouse over the movie you want listed below. (If you’re in the right spot, your cursor will turn into a hand.)
4. If you’re on a PC, right-click. If you’re on a Mac, press “control” on your keyboard and click with your mouse at the same time.
5. From the menu that pops up, select and click “Save Target As” on PCs or on “Save Link As…” on a Mac.
6. Select the destination folder for your file and click “Save”.
7. Last, but most importantly, please wait patiently as you download our movie. To pass the time, please consider donating to the Story of Stuff Project and help keep these (and most all other resources) free! Just be sure to do that in a new browser window or tab so you don’t interrupt your download.
8. THANK YOU!