Help us give the beauty industry a makeover! Here are four different ways to get involved in turning up the volume on these issues to make sure that all the products that we use every day are healthy and safe for everyone.
The Safe Cosmetics Act of 2011 (H.R.2359) gives consumers, parents and environmental health advocates a real chance at national legislation that will eliminate harmful chemicals from the products women, men and children put on their bodies every day. Tell your Representative that safe cosmetics are important to you and ask him or her to sign on as a co-sponsor of the Safe Cosmetics Act. Or, if you’re represented by one of the bill’s authors, Reps. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.) or Tammy Baldwin (D-Wisc.), send them your thanks!.
Learn more about the chemicals in cosmetics and find safer alternatives.
Join the movement for safer products and smarter laws to protect our health from toxic chemicals.
- They’ll keep you up to speed on:
- New product tests for toxic ingredients
- How to choose safer options
- What companies are doing in response to consumer demand
- New developments with safe cosmetics legislation.
- That last part is critical: We need your help to convince lawmakers to act on cosmetic safety
SHARE The Story of Cosmetics